Questions I may have in which I feel my colleagues may be able to provide help and support regarding my advocacy action plan and presentation are:
1. In view of my key audience, how would I incorporate into my presentation facts and documentation that could draw understanding and interests from all three members of my audience?
2. When preparing my transition booklet for my key audience, should I research and develop one for each key audience prior to incorporating the information into a main booklet?
The information that I am seeking is how to make a smooth transition from early intervention to Pre K for the children and their families. Does anyone have any resources or helpful information available that may enhance my advocacy action plan?
Resources that I have found helpful and insightful throughout my research on how to make a smooth transition are:
1. Department of Human Services Early Intervention website: Child and Family Connections #23. Retrieved from: www.wovsed.org/cfc23
2. Education: www.ed.gov
3. Transition to Preschool. (2009). Parents Guide Index. Retrieved from :
http://www.health.ny.gov/publications/0532/step6.htm
If anyone has any further resources that would provide me with beneficial facts that pertain to my advocacy action plan, I would appreciate any suggestions or help available.
Thank you for taking the time to read and evaluate my questions and comments!
You have omitted who your key audience is. Without this information it is difficult for me to answer your questions. I will take a stab at it and assume that your key audience members are parents and staff members of your fieldwork site. In regards to your question of preparation of the transition booklet, I believe you absolutely must target each individual group of audience members. If your final booklet will be provided to both parents and the early childhood professionals then it should be comprised of information that is beneficial to everyone. Good luck with your booklet. I would love to see it when you have completed it. I am curious to see if the transition process in the same regardless of location.
ReplyDeleteAngela,
ReplyDeleteAnswering your question regarding the transition booklet, I would definitely create three different sections that reflect the needs for your various audiences. Each audience has different interests and needs and will needs varying information. Consider most websites that we visit in the educational world, most of them create a separate link for parents and educators at the very least, and most of the time it creates additional links for financial supporters and advocators. I don't see that this would be very different, great insight in seeing this prior to rolling out your presentation. Make it easy for people, they want to make a difference but they are also afraid of the hard work, make it turnkey for them! You already have the knowledge and facts so it shouldn't be that much more work for you either!
Jodi
Angie,
ReplyDeleteI would check NAEYC for additional resources for preschool transitioning. I would also agree that you should tailor a section to each of the members at your presentation. Like Jodi suggests each member is going to have a unique perspective on the topic and therefore being prepared to address their interests will be helpful.
Thanks for sharing and good luck.
Angela:
ReplyDeleteThe first part that you have is an excellent introduction about your advocacy plan and presentation. Your presentation facts are important because your key audience will have an interest in your advocacy plan. I think your transition is good idea for your key audience because it provides a lot information about your advocacy plan. I like your three researches that you have in your blog because you spent your time to find the three researches.
Angela:
ReplyDeleteThe first part that you have is an excellent introduction about your advocacy plan and presentation. Your presentation facts are important because your key audience will have an interest in your advocacy plan. I think your transition is good idea for your key audience because it provides a lot information about your advocacy plan. I like your three researches that you have in your blog because you spent your time to find the three researches.
Angela,
ReplyDeleteAlthough it may seem like a lot of work, I think that each presentation that is made should target the audience at hand. There should be different informational sessions done to accommodate a particular audience, especially if there is more than one language involved. The information that is given to the audience should be information that is beneficial to them. If you present too much information that doesn't interest your audience, you will lose them.
Ana
I think that in order not to complicate things, you should use one booklet but have sections geared to your different key audiences. I wouldn't have too many. I don't know what your key audiences are but I have three so it wouldn't be difficult to have a section for each one.
ReplyDeleteKnowing your audience is a great help in presenting. When thinking of those to present to I wanted the same information for a parent, new teacher, and someone who bridges home and school. I would say try not to make the information to vague and not to difficult. For a smother transition it might be good to get programs on board with a transition plan.
ReplyDelete